THE CAMPUS VISIT
The purpose of a personal visit to Shortridge Academy is to provide you with a first hand view and assessment of whether the Shortridge program and experience would be a good fit for your son or daughter. The most important aspects of the visit are (a) meeting members of our leadership team and staff, (b) meeting some of our students, and (c) touring our facilities, including dorms, classrooms, common areas, and grounds.
We coordinate and schedule visits through our Admissions Office. Depending on timing and school schedules, the structure is typically as follows:
- Mid-morning arrival (Park in Visitors Lot).
- Meet and greet Admissions Director or other admissions office representative. Coffee will be waiting.
- Tour of campus and facilities, including academic classes, dorm areas, dining hall by student Ambassadors/Tour Guides.
- Meet with selected members of the leadership team (or other key staff depending on scheduling): Academic Director, Clinical Director, Residential Program Director, and Founder.
- Wrap-up with the Executive Director/Head of School.
If your schedule permits, we encourage you to join us for lunch, which is a valuable opportunity to get a greater feel for our community, as you consider whether you see an overall fit for your child. And, of course, it helps answer the age-old question- “What is the food like?”
The entire campus visit and tour can take from 1.5 to 3 hours.
Our convenient location allows for morning visits/tours on weekdays starting between 9 and noon. We are about 90 minutes from the Manchester, NH airport (MHT) and 2 hours from Boston’s Logan Airport (BOS).
Please do not hesitate to contact the school for specific questions, needs or accommodations to make the campus visit/tour process meet your needs.