Shortridge Academy is a year-round, college-preparatory therapeutic boarding school for bright and engaging teens from across the U.S. and abroad who are struggling with a variety of behavioral and emotional issues. Our unique program encourages students to build solid foundations academically, emotionally, and socially.
You may also visit our career page on Indeed!
We currently have the following employment opportunities…
Shortridge Academy is seeking a full-time licensed Counselor/Therapist to serve as part of our strong clinical team providing case management, individual, group, and family therapy to its bright and creative high school-aged students. Counselors also participate in activities, clubs and committees with students and provide clinical oversight of the milieu one evening shift per week.
The ideal candidate will be licensed in NH and have experience working as part of a team of professionals serving adolescents in a long-term residential setting. Candidates should have an understanding of using a strengths-based approach and familiarity with the Positive Youth Development (PYD) philosophy. Experience working with clients with anxiety, depression, ADHD, executive functioning, substance abuse, trauma, and attachment issues is preferred.
Interested candidates can learn more about our innovative and thriving school and community on our website.
Shortridge Academy is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salary and benefits. Opportunities for advancement are available as well as support for continuing education. Pre-employment background check required.
To apply, please send your resume to Clinical Director, Meg Paul at email@example.com.
Residential mentors support our students’ therapeutic work in the community by developing consistent and caring relationships, attending to physical and emotional safety, and serving as positive role models. Residential mentors also oversee on and off-campus activities such as PE, study hall, rock climbing, movies, shopping, museums, surfing, etc. This job is both rewarding and provides opportunities for personal growth and professional skill development! Position includes full benefits and up to $18/hour for individuals with related experience
- Provide supervision that supports physical and emotional safety
- Plan and support activities that engage students, often by planning with them
- Support healthy life choices in the milieu and in their home environments
- Collaborate with other Residential, Counseling, Academic, and Administrative staff
- Utilize strength-based approaches and an authoritative parenting style to support overall individual student growth and potential
- Support the transfer of knowledge from Shortridge Academy to the home environment
- Reporting any pertinent information to manager/supervisor and clinical staff
- Support and promote a culture of inclusion and respect among students and fellow staff in our school and community.
Important Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent internal communication skills (including written and computer skills),
- Ability to connect and engage with a variety of adolescents,
- Collaborative work style,
- Flexibility and problem solving skills,
- Strong personal boundaries,
- Reliability and punctuality and,
- Ability to multitask.
- Reliability and punctuality
Clinical Program Director and Residential Managers
- Front Half: Sun 9AM-10PM & Mon-Wed afternoons-10PM
- Back Half: Wed-Fri afternoon-10PM & Sat 9AM-10PM
All full-time Residential Mentors additionally participate in:
- Residential team meeting Wednesday afternoons
- Team meeting Thursday afternoons
- Clinical training Thursday afternoons
- Group Therapy
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Requirements: B.A. or B.S. in related field preferred; prior experience working with adolescents and young adults preferred; background check; Minimum age of 21
Note: The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related task other than those specifically presented in the description.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: up to $18.00 /hour
To apply, please send your resume to Jessa Hobson firstname.lastname@example.org