Monthly tuition is payable by the 1st of each month. Shortridge Academy reserves the right to make changes to tuition at any time and will provide 90 days written notice.
Due and payable upon acceptance, non-refundable, to secure a space for the incoming student. Initial school and dorm supplies, textbooks, certain bedding (including mattress cover, pillow, comforter, and blanket), a 2 week Learning Center orientation/assessment, and initial diagnostic evaluation by the Medical Director are included with this fee.
Due and payable in advance of enrollment, non-refundable. Fee includes a new laptop computer, streaming music player, school issued software, standard warranty, insurance, and email access. The computer and music player are the property of the student/family upon graduation.
DEPOSIT (ONE MONTH’S TUITION):
Deposit may be applied to the last monthly period tuition only if the student completes one academic year (nine to 10 months), and 30 days written notice to the Head of School is provided, otherwise it will be forfeited.
TUITION COVERAGE & ADDITIONAL FEES:
- Academic curriculum and books
- Individualized Learning Plan
- Executive Functioning support through the Center for Learning and Cognitive Enhancement
- Room and board, including meals, dorm space, and 24 hour dorm supervision
- Weekly individual, family, and group therapy sessions
- Psychiatric medication management
- New Family Orientations and Parent Support Groups and Workshops
- Educational field trips facilitated by the Academic Department
- Laundry Service
- Toiletries and personal hygiene items
- NH state meals tax
- SAT Prep course registration
- College Counseling
Individual Variable Student Costs:
- Elective online courses
- Addiction & Substance Abuse Counseling services
- Special programs individual trips/arrangements as approved by families
- Supplies such as headphones, replacement music players, chargers
- College/school application fees
INSURANCE & SCHOOL DISTRICT FUNDING
Shortridge Academy recognizes the financial commitment of our tuition and therefore would like to help families seek relief whether through insurance reimbursement or through home school districts.
Although Shortridge Academy does not accept insurance, pre-authorize treatment, or directly assist with insurance reimbursement efforts, some treatment expenses may be recovered. For this reason, Shortridge Academy holds Business Associate Agreements with claims management and advocacy firms that can help families more successfully navigate the insurance claims and reimbursement process. If you elect not to utilize their services but still intend on submitting therapy and medical claims to your insurance carrier, Shortridge Academy can provide statements/”superbills” upon request.
Staff have critical responsibilities such as teaching or counseling students on campus and therefore, are limited in the ability to testify in legal proceedings. Written affidavits may be requested in place of testimony, however will be reviewed on a case by case basis.